As someone who adheres to the gluten free lifestyle, I often find myself customizing recipes to make them fit in with my diet. These muffins are one such example of this practice. They are gluten free white chocolate, berry muffins.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of gluten free flour (really whatever kind you like will work, I use the Pillsbury Gluten Free Baling mix
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of berries (I used black berries because we have a blackberry patch so I had plenty)
- 1 cup of chopped white chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- Stir in the berries and the chopped chocolate pieces.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together in one bowl.
- Only mix the batter until everything is properly blended together. Overmixing can negatively effect the recipe’s outcome.
- Spoon the batter into a lined muffin tin. Fill the cups a little over halfway full.
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown (a toothpick inserted into a muffin should come out clean).
- If you use the mini muffin tin bake for 10-15 minutes instead.
This recipe is great because it works for both gluten free and non gluten free variations! You can add or remove ingredients to taste. Let me know in the comments what variations you would like! Don’t forget to like this post if you want to see more like it. Feel free to repost! As always glamour shots!