I am involved in a threatrical production this semester (actually I’m helping direct it). We are doing a Cinderella play and the Fairy Godmother needed a magic so I decided I’d try my hand at making one myself. This is a great prop for all the Cosplayers out there, or if you’re just wanting a little magic.
What You’ll Need
- A stick of desired size and length
- Sand paper
- Hot glue gun
- Spray paint of desired color(s)
- A place outside to spray paint
- First I went outside and grabbed a couple of sticks that had the look I was going for.
- Then I sanded those puppies down a little bit.
- Next I whipped out my hot glue gun and started adding texture to the wide end of the stick to create a hand grip.
- Note: only do it to the bottom fourth of the wand to give it a more delicate and wide-at-the-bottom look.
- Allow the hot glue to dry and add a bit more to your liking.
- Next take the wands outside and find a clean area to spray paint (I recycled a cardboard box to put the wands on and paint them).
- I chose a metallic silver look
- Shake the can well and hold the can about 8 inches away and spray lightly.
- Roll the wands over and spray the other side as well.
- You may need a few coats to get the desired coverage.
- Allow them to dry and allacazam! You have a fantastic new magic wand.
- Glamour shots of course….
As always please feel free to like and comment! Follow me on Pinterest at Ashlynn Zibby. If you like what you see follow my blog!