There are few foods in this day and age, that are held to such a legendary status as that of bacon and potatoes. Endless internet memes edify the perfection that is the potato. Embellish it with bacon and you have a new classic to crave! Thus, I give you the Cheesy Bacon Potato Bites…
- 2 baked potatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Fresh bacon, chopped (or bacon bits) to taste
- 5-7 tablespoons of cream cheese (partially melted)
- Olive oil 2-4 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Start by cubing the baked potatoes. They should be chilled property, personally I find this to be a great recipe for when you have a couple of leftover baked potatoes in your fridge that you are looking to transform.
- Place potatoes onto a cookie sheet or stone.
- Drizzle in olive oil and mix thoroughly with hands so that oil covers the potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until almost golden.
- In the meantime chop up your bacon and microwave your cream cheese to soften it.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and set on a heat resistant surface.
- Put dollops of cream cheese all over the potatoes while they are still hot!
- Use a fork to mix it around somewhat.
- Then take the shredded cheese and sprinkle it all over the top of the potatoes.
- Next, take your bacon and sprinkle it all over the surface of your potatoes!!! Like a wonderful first snow let your bacon form a layer over the cheese.
- Return the potatoes to the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Take out of the oven, let it cool and enjoy (having a heart attack).
I truly hope that you found this post to be delightful! I certainly enjoyed sampling my own handiwork at dinner, as did my family! I feel like this is an awesome recipe for the holidays or a weeknight that needs a little extra pizzaz. Please don’t forget to like, comment, and if you haven’t already subscribe so that you don’t miss any other sinfully delightful food posts I have to offer! As always, glamour shots!