Recently, I was strolling though the supermarket when I came across some pre-packaged stuffed mushrooms. Alas! When I looked at the ingredients list they weren’t gluten free! So I wheeled the cart around and formulated a plan (a plan involving stuffed mushrooms)…. The following tutorial is the result of my plan.
- 1 carton of small mushrooms
- 1/2 block of cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup of gluten free bread crumbs (I recommend 4 C gluten free bread crumbs they are super delicious!)
- Garlic (fresh or powdered) to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 350°
2. First wash and gently dry all of the mushrooms.
3. Carefully snap the stems out of the mushrooms so that they have a small reservoir to hold the stuffing. Set aside.
4. Chop all the mushroom stems into small pieces.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, place the cream cheese. Microwave it until you can stir it (usually about 30-40 seconds on high).
6. Add the fresh, chopped baby spinach, the chopped mushroom stems, shredded mozzarella, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
7. Fork the ingredients together gently.
8. Pile the stuffing into the mushrooms where the stem used to be.
9. Place them evenly on a non-stick baking sheet with a little olive oil, and bake them for about 15 minuets or until lightly golden.
10. Bon-appetite, and as always glamour shots!