I have to admit I am obsessed with pumpkin spiced everything! The cornerstones of my pumpkin spice love is absolutely the pumpkin spiced latte. Unfortunately, those beautiful drinks come with a pretty hefty price tag. So I devised a way to make them at home so I can have them whenever I want!
Ingredients for Latte Syrup:
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cloves
Other important ingredients:
- Brewed coffee (1/2 cup for one latte)
- Steamed milk (1/2 cup for one latte)
- For the syrup, in a medium sauce pan combine sugar, pumpkin purée, and assortment of spices. Use a wooden spoon to blend these ingredients together.
- Add in water until it is the consistency of barbecue sauce. Bring to a mild boil.
- Set the syrup aside and let it cool.
- It’s important to note, this syrup recipe is enough for many lattes and can be stored in the fridge.
- To make one latte fill half a coffee cup with a coffee of your choice.
- Next to make the steamed milk fill a glass measuring cup with half a cup of any milk that you choose – I like to use almond milk but any milk will do.
- Microwave the milk for one minute then whisk it until it is frothy.
- Combine coffee and milk in the coffee cup and add 3 to 4 tablespoons of syrup.
- You can dollop your coffee with a spoonful of whipped cream or just throw a pinch of cinnamon on top!
- Voila! A perfect pumpkin spiced latte!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! It’s going to be really great to wake up and make a pumpkin spice latte on my way out the door. As always, glamour shots! Please like, subscribe, and share with your PSL obsessed friends.