Scrunchies are very cute and functional accessories, and it seems like they have become explosively popular. I found some really cool green corduroy fabric that was just begging to be made into a scrunchie- so without any further ado I give you my Simple Scrunchie Tutorial!
What You’ll Need:
- 14 by 4 inch fabric strip (green corduroy)
- Enough 1/4 in elastic to wrap around your wrist
- Needle, thread and other sewing notions
- Start by cutting a 14″ by 4″ strip of fabric (Note: I had to do a little piecing to get my strip to be long enough).
- Fold it in half right sides together and sew a straight line on the long side so that you make a tube. Leave the two ends un-sewn about a quarter inch from the ends.
- Turn it right side out.
- Pinch the two ends together as shown and run a quick hand stitch across on side so that it leaves an opening to put the elastic.
- First, measure the elastic strip and cut it so that it can fit snugly around your wrist, then using a safety pin, run elastic through the fabric loop.
- Sew the elastic ends together.
- Finish by by using an invisible stitch to close the opening.
That concludes the simple Scrunchie Tutorial. I hope this is a fun and easy craft that you will share with your scrunchie loving friends and family. As always, glamour shots, and I hope you have a blessed day! Thank you for reading!