I am excited to show off this lovely project that I created a few summers ago. I never got around to making a tutorial, but there’s no time like the present! In the spirit of the season, it seems more appropriate than ever! So without further ado, I give you my painted wooden cross.
What You’ll Need:
- A wooden block of desired size and shape (I used a 6x6x2 in. scrap)
- Sandpaper or a sanding machine
- A pencil
- Acrylic paint
- Small paint brushes
- First, you must sand down the corners of your block so that they are not sharp. The reason I did this was to give it a softer, less industrial look and give it a bit more character.
- Next pencil in very lightly the shape of your cross this will help you evenly distribute flowers when you are painting. You can use a ruler if needed.
- Once you have a general idea of the shape your cross will take, paint small flowers on it.
- This is the perfect opportunity to truly unleash your creativity. You can use as many kinds of colors and flowers as you like to create your cross shape! You can use stamps, stencils, or stickers (side note: if you use stickers you should use a coat of mod podge to seal them in).
- Be sure to be careful and allow your masterpiece to dry!
I hope this tutorial inspires you to create your very own decorative masterpiece. I think my favorite part of this craft is the level of creative freedom that can be exercised. This project also makes a great gift. Please be sure to like, comment and share this tutorial with your crafty friends. Subscribe if you haven’t already so that you don’t miss any of my tutorials. Oh yes, I almost forgot… glamour shots!